Friday, May 13, 2016

A Coral Tea Time





Hello My Favourite Tea Friends!


Today I wanted to share the coral roses that my dear son and sweet daughter-in-law gave me for Mother's Day!





I have two pale coral teacups that are amongst my favourites.





This deeper coral teacup is a Paragon.  





The rosy teapot is Made in China.


The wee creamer is an Aynsley.



This post will be short because my sweet daughter moves out this week (an emotional time) and my son and daughter-in-law  is also moving to a larger home. I will still have my eldest son at home. I'm not an empty nester yet.

Are you busy too?




My precious twenty-two year old daughter got me this pretty potted rose bush for Mother's Day. 



 and this sweet tea towel.


My daughter is  a busy gal.... babysitting my niece's children,  working at Costco and going to Simon Fraser University. She is thankfully just moving down the street so I hope I will see her almost every day. 


My children  know how much I LOVE roses! 

 It's so nice to feel like a queen for a day!



 Since the weather is so nice I have also been busy  spending more time outdoors gardening, planting and of course watering.

 Is this your favourite time of year?


Have a rosy week!
Karen




This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Tea in the Garden

Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday

Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
No Place Like Home




12 comments:

  1. You received such beautiful roses, you deserve them. The teacups and the tea pot are gorgeous. This is another very romantic tea time.
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so beautiful Karen, the sweet roses and charming teacups, and beautiful teapot. It was very nice to see them all. Hope your Mothers day was wonderful. Habe a lovely weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karen:
    What a beautiful post you have done. Both cups and saucers are so sweet but that tea cup and saucer (coral colored) with the cream roses is amazing. My eyes were over whelmed. I also love the teapot and cream and sugar and the colors of the pillows tying it all together. I hope I get some more participants in this party but if I don't I just press on! I love Tea In The Garden and yes you can do the same posts at both places. That's perfect. Some of the world is still cold though so hopefully as time goes by we will get some more who participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your rosy peach teatime is absolutely gorgeous.

    And the gifts from your children - just the sweetest!

    I am happy to know your children won't be too far away - my youngest daughter lived in Southern California for 10 years (I am in Ohio) and not a day went by I didn't miss her! She moved back and has since gotten married and is planning a family, so all is good!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just over the coral rose bouquet, Karen, as it makes the perfect centerpiece for your pretty tea. The teapot and the lady figurine look so pretty with your teacups. How sweet of your daughter to gift you with the tea towel and the rose bush. Yes, she is a busy girl, but thankfully, she will be moving close by. Happy tea in your garden, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, such a perfect setting for a relaxing tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are blessed with a wonderful family and have received such thoughtful gifts. Enjoy your lovely table and the sunshine outside. You have fixed the perfect setting for your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your children know you so well, Karen! I'm loving the soft colours of this week's oretty tea sets. Hope that the moves went smoothly. It's nice that your daughter isn't moving too far away. When I moved out, my parents started storing miscellaneous items in my room. If your daughter's room is now empty, maybe you'll have room for more teawares? Hee!

    P.S. The crown reveal will be posted tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, just came over from Bernideen's (where I also linked). Always nice to find a new tea sister! Couldn't resist a post that included one of my favorite colors. Such a pretty setting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coral/peach is another one of my favourite colours, Karen. I will be sharing mine one of these days too. Your teacups, teapot, and wee creamer are all really pretty and the roses are so lovely. Isn't it nice to get spoiled? I am an empty nester and I still don't like it. l miss having my guys around. You are blessed to have yours so close. This is such a sweet setting today and coral is just one of those feel good colours. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table, the roses, and the garden...it's all so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your teacups and saucers - the color and design are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete